Day 44

Enthusiasm continuing to wane.
Another blah night.
Woke up needing to pee around 3am. Finally got up at 4ish. Sleepless till 6.30. Then little snooze only for alarms to set off by 8. Dragged out of bed, only by 8.40 today. But made it before the 9 am deadline, phew. 3 days in a row. 

Managed to do all the things. Including a pretty robust maintenance clean. Workout today was yoga. Oh how I've missed YWA. Bless Adrienne with all my heart. Was a humbling heart wrenching torturous welcome back to the mat. Everything in fiery red pain. Couldn't table, couldn't cat cow, could barely down dog. Lying down to sitting up, all pain. Child's pose pain. Wrist on fire, knees screaming. And it was intro day, as easy peasy, gentle fwfg as it gets. So humbling. This was after 1.5 year hiatus. Not been on the mat since the wrist fracture of Aug 2024. 19 months. How far we've receded in 19 months. From halfway through ashtanga half primary to wincing in table top. Oh what rebuilding we have ahead of us. 

Nevertheless. The affirmation, appropriately as always, was I Accept. And that's all we need to take away. I accept, I commit, and I will keep showing up. And I will get stronger. 

Anyway. Fast forwarding. Serendipitous Eminem fun in the shower. Then lunch and finances and grocery etc. I was a sore, cranky, sleep deprived mess through it all, sniping at boy and dogs and whining non stop. Goes to show there's still a long long road ahead. 

Happily - have made it to first saturday of rest. Bless. Will still get out of bed by 9, but easy day ahead to recover somewhat. Maybe that is enough good news to get some sleep tonight as well? 

Off i go to dinner, Downton, décolleté and hopefully doze.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 171

Day 21