Day 43
Slightly less enthused about the prospect of today than yesterday. Poor night's sleep, pee urges and awakenness since 4 am. Still managed to get out of bed at 8.30 am, so calling it a day 3 win. Assistants were equally lethargic, boy did a half hearted attempt and Crae came and snoozed next to me.
Eventually we all got on and had our Morning. Did the seeds, nuts, supplements, fruits, walk, wipes, started the 30DC again and realized I cant push up for nuts. Did a body shower and morning skincare and had a hot breakfast, made some for boy and dogs. Then meal planned for next week, which was committed chore of the day. Successful and complete morning on balance.
Had decided early on to exercise "loyal to self" mode and take the afternoon off any laptop work. Thought I might watch a movie but was bleary eyed and blah and couldn't muster up the enthusiasm. Luckily Jabber was still needy today, even more so then yesterday so I could show up with what I think was excellent supportive sympathetic and helpful counsel. She seemed extremely appreciative for the help, and it managed to take up most of the half Afternoon, so I didnt fall asleep and earned some good friend points. Everyone wins.
Then ofcourse the Evening - did day 3 of the piano lesson. I really am quite enjoying this! Today's exercises were fun. Keeping up with the backing tracks with chord practice. Good pretend musician. Ofcourse I can sense we're quickly about to arrive at the point at which I usually give up, and hoping this isnt like every other time, so will just have to keep on.
Went downstairs in much better spirits post lesson and Cray was in better spirits too - rolling around asking for belly rubs as always. I said to him - you're always ready for a massage, aren't you? Do you ever think to yourself, no, not this time, I haven't done anything or earned it today? You think you always deserve one just for existing and being cute, don't you? And it struck me - how much happier we will all be if we are always ready and asking and feel deserving of a massage and all the love? Just because we exist and are cute.
Then dinner, cashews, Downton, wilty, night skincare. And then a brainwave from boy, to turn on zero gravity mode and massage my aching limbs and back. Less inspiring since I actually have earned it today, but good practice for all the future days when I'll use it just because.
Comments
Post a Comment