Day 7

I did way more than I planned or intended. And the only thing I couldn't do was the one I planned, and have been intending.

"Early" out of bed - by 11ish. A record! Then proceeded to do a number of things that weren't on the agenda, I dont know why. I wasnt feeling particularly energetic. Just went with some sort of flow. Shoveled, walked the dogs, washed their bowls, vacuumed the main floor, cleaned the vacuum cleaner swept when the vacuum ran out of battery, cleaned the powder room, cooked dosas, did the evening break and meal, washed again, cooked dinner. Didn't yell. Didn't argue.

The early happened after I saw a text msg - a podcast reco and a 3 step cure all. A part of me felt visceral mad, another part deeply disappointed, another extremely ashamed. The whole time while shoveling - endless repeat playbacks of the airport comment and the who shovels in their house comments. A part of me knows this has reached the level of toxic friendship. The kind that gives me panic attacks. And I need to own my own sanity and establish some boundaries. Another part deep down feels like the worst part of me is being pointed at and laughed at, in public, constantly. The part that I have been trying to hide and thought was a well kept secret. How do they know? How can they sense? Why isn't anyone contradicting them, or standing up for me? Why aren't I? Because I have nothing to contradict with? Because the reality is. And I can either change the reality or own it. 

What is this tussle? Is the judgment external or internal? Is this another round of me trying to prove something to everyone, including myself? Where is the kindness? Where is the grace? How long can I punish myself in one way and then another? How long can I be punishing him? What am I saying? How am I punishing him? Where is his agency? 

Ugh. 

Stop.

I have to stop. 

I need new friends.

Actually. I need to be better at talking to my existing friends. So called friends. Screw this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 171

Day 21